Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tag - Guest Designer Penny Ward


Hello friends and welcome to the Sweet Stamps blog.
Penny Ward here again this week as a Guest Designer.

This was an interesting project for me, as I knew when I selected this stamp to work with, I had just received a very large Mason Jar full of buttons from my friend Cathy. (How cool is that?)
This stamp is so adorable whether you color it or embellish it.

Let's Make a Tag...or two

I started with white card stock measuring 5 x 3 inches, and cut into a tag shape.
I stamped and heat embossed the Patch Corner Large stamp two times on the tag. Colored them, then stamped the sentiment with Staggered Thinking of You. Inked the edges and added buttons and sequins.

Hole punch the top and add ribbon.


On the Yellow tag....really messed that sentiment up, so it now has a banner with the word "Thinking".
I love how you can embellish most mistakes.

On the Blue tag, I masked the sentiment stamp so the letter "O" was missing. In it's place I have used a small button. :)


This would be the perfect stamp for someone who sews, or to match it up with a teddy bear stamp...so many possibilities


Thank you so much for swinging by today. Please join us here again as the designers have so much in store for your viewing pleasure.

Hugs,

Let's go Shopping:
White card stock
Inks: Memento Dandelion & Nautical Blue, Tuxedo Black (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
Spectrum Noir Markers
Scor-Bug
Hole Punch
Buttons
Ribbon








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being a GD, Penny, fabulous tags, so love that stamp, I love patchwork, and what an amazing friend to send you these cute buttons xxx

judkajudi said...

Love it!! The cooler weather reminds one of quilts and patch work! Love how you used the buttons.

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Such adorable tags. I love those images, the stitching and the colors you used. Thanks for guest designing this week.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome tags, love how you used the patch corners. Love the bright colors and added buttons. Thank you for guest designing for us this month.

simply monica said...

Amazing tags I love the fun colors

rudlis said...

Fantastic tags. I love all the little details.