Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

A UV Resin tip



Hello, it's Laura and recently, I sent a project to Pat, the owner of Globecraft & Piccolo. I was pretty happy with it.

Then, I got a call from Pat. There was a bow in the project. You can see it here, because I have used the arrow to point out the raised section.


Here is another view:


Anyway, Pat knew immediately what was wrong! I had not applied the UV Resin evenly on both sides. I had only one coat on the back, and two on the front. That caused the resin on the front to pull everything forward? The fix? I can put another layer of resin on the back of the project.

Laura Drahozal
Remembering Life's Moments
So, my tip of the day: ALWAYS coat the resin evenly. Put a layer on one side and then the other until you have as many as you like, but make SURE that you have the same number of coats on both sides.

No comments: