Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful : A Tag


DeeDee here, and today I bring you my version of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags : November, with some gorgeous G&P accents of course! The set I chose to work with for this tag is the Birds & Butterflies Accents set (N007).


To start off, the tag was punched on the bottom with a Martha Stewart Punch. Then I stamped the Viva Las VegaStamps! wheat stamp twice in embossing ink, and embossed it with clear powder. The tag has been distressed with Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Dried Marigold, and Mustard Seed distress inks by Ranger. After I was doing working the background, I ironed out the embossing powder, which creates a really gorgeous "bleached" look to the tag. I layered a bit of burlap ribbon from May Arts, a paper clip, an acorn resin embellishment from UmWowStudio, and some baker's twine on top of the stamped image. The background was also stamped with a chicken wire stamp and chevron stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps! The THANKFUL letters are from a set of wooden alphas by Pink Paislee. 

The final touch that really adds some perfect charm is the use of the Globecraft & Piccolo accents. 
-click to enlarge!-
To color the accents (only when inking or stamping, not when enameling) I leave them in the packaging. It really makes for super sturdy base to hold my pieces as I'm altering them. The photo on the left is a zoomed out version of an inked piece, the photo in the middle shows the piece close up, and the photo on the right shows the piece stamped.
Here is a short video explaining my reasoning and process for this technique:


And here is a close up of the pieces in use!


Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I had to share, today :)

5 comments:

linda said...

Beautiful tag, DeeDee. Thanks for the tip on leaving the Piccolo piece in its background for distressing - easy!

craftylyn said...

Love this tag, it's so unusual and the little acorn is very cute.
Linda

Camerageek said...

As always your work amazes me DD.

Art Resurrected said...

I love the warm colors you picked for the tag. Such a pretty piece. :)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous work, DeeDee.